A Gentle Tyranny Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who enter at http://jesscorban.com/win by pre-ordering a copy of A Gentle Tyranny or enter via AMOE, as described below, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Jess Corban and/or Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 1, 2020, at 12:01 AM, CST and ending March 8, 2021, at 11:59 PM, CST. All online entries must be received by March 8, 2021, at 11:59 PM, CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign can be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at http://jesscorban.com/win. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. You may enter once for every preordered copy of A Gentle Tyranny purchased. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. To Enter Without Purchase (alternate method of entry “AMOE”): A Participant can request entry into the sweepstakes without purchasing a pre-order copy of A Gentle Tyranny by mailing a legibly handwritten request, including first and last name, street address, email address, and phone number to: A Gentle Tyranny Sweepstakes, c/o Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 351 Executive Drive Carol Stream, IL 60188. One entry will be granted for each mail-in request that complies with the requirements of the Official Rules. Mail-in requests must be handwritten. Outer envelope must include a return address in the upper left-hand corner that matches the participant’s street address, and must be postmarked no sooner than December 1, 2020, and no later than March 7, 2021, and received by Sponsor no later than March 8, 2021, at 5:00 PM CST.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one 9-day adventure tour to Belize with G Adventures, valued at $1,049, and the Hol Chan Marine Reserve excursion, valued at $90, plus roundtrip airfare from any US airport up to a maximum of $700. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Winner must be available to participate in the adventure tour dates of June 26-July 4, 2021, unless an alternative date is mutually agreed upon by Winner, Jess Corban, and G Adventures. If Winner is unable to attend because of COVID-19 quarantine laws, the trip may be postponed one time, based on the availability of G Adventures and Jess Corban. If the adventure tour must be postponed by the Sponsor or G Adventures because of COVID-19 complications, Sponsor shall offer reasonable alternative dates to the Winner. If Winner is unable to attend the alternative tour dates, the prize shall be considered forfeited by Winner. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the discretion of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. The prize is non-transferable, except at the discretion of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any additional trip costs, including but not limited to meals, taxis, excursions not included in adventure tour base price, and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Winner will be notified by email and announcement on Jess Corban’s Instagram and Facebook accounts within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT JESS CORBAN AND Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.,‘ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., and Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information, before, during and after the adventure tour, for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, participation, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 351 Executive Drive Carol Stream, IL 60188. Requests must be received no later than May 31, 2021, 5:00 PM, CST.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 351 Executive Drive Carol Stream, IL 60188 and Jess Corban, whose address is withheld for security reasons.
14. The Campaign hosted by Jess Corban and Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.
15. By checking the box, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.